What’s Included in a Fall Car Tune-Up?
Our fall tune-up process involves inspecting, diagnosing, testing, adjusting and replacing faulty parts on your car. Faulty car parts can cause a decrease in performance or other issues if left unchecked. Also, our fall tune-up includes removing and checking, cleaning and possibly replacing the spark plugs.
Our mechanics will also check your car’s distributor cap and rotor for wear and cracks. If there are cracks, moisture can get in and cause corrosion of the metal, which can result in your car misfiring. We suggest replacing these parts at recommended intervals or if they show excessive wear.
The fall tune-up also includes setting the idle speed to your car’s specifications. These are basic procedures we perform during a tune-up, but you can take this opportunity to have other systems checked out as well, such as brakes, clutch, fuel lines, hoses and belts.
Car Maintenance Tips for Fall
While a car breakdown is not fun regardless of the time of year, suffering mechanical maladies during winter can make things exponentially more unpleasant. We have compiled a list of a few helpful fall car maintenance tips.
- Replace your floor mats. The thick rubber construction and deep grooves of floor mats helps keep the mud and slush from staining your carpets.
- Replace your wiper blades. Between the cold temperatures and perpetual dirt and grime of the road, wear-and-tear on your wipers increases significantly.
- Check your battery. Similar to your wipers, your battery also receives much more wear-and-tear harder during the winter months, as the cold weather tends to drain batteries. Also, your engine requires more juice to start when cold.
- Replace your oil and oil filter. The cold weather makes your vehicle’s oil thicker and more viscous, which places an increased strain on your engine when starting. New oil stays runnier when cold, which makes it easier for your engine to start.
- Check your defrosters and heaters. It probably goes without saying that your vehicle’s defrosters and heaters are crucial for driving during the winter months. Therefore, it’s ideal to check them now before you need to rely on them, so any malfunctioning can be fixed.
Our experienced mechanics here at Asher Automotive can perform the above services and more. Schedule your fall car tune-up with us using the link below!